My Life Pieced Together

This is a site about my life. We live in a world with a bunch of pieces, like a puzzle, and try to make sense of it all. Each one of us creates a canvas of our life based on the way we respond and act to each scenario played out within it. At times this can be more than I can take, at other times it is a sheer delight... What does your puzzle look like? Chaos or order? Read on to check out mine!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Never Again

I recieved an email from a friend this morning which talked about how there will never be another day like today again. Today is 03.04.05! Her email intrigued me to think about what difference I made on an average day and I thought I would share it with the rest of you.
Here it goes...

""This date will never happen again in your lifetime." I'm always reminded of this by my mother when curious dates like this roll around. last year it was of course in February (02-03-04) and the year before in January (01-02-03) and there will continue to be one date a year like this until 2014. and though the numbers of these days are unique indeed, I'm brought back to today....the day at hand, whatever the date may be and I'm quickly reminded "there will never be a day like this again in my lifetime."

Then the questions roll in my head, "Did I seize every moment?" "Did I spend my time wisely in His eyes?" "Did I cherish the important things?" "was I selfish or selfless?'' "Did I tell or show someone they were important today?" "Did I offer my life to the One who gave it to me?" "Did I do everything I was supposed to do this day?" Because you will never have this day again. I hope that the answer to these questions were answered in a life lived to reveal the Mighty One.

I hope that my actions today showed Love. I hope that I've impacted someone for eternity. I hope that the work that I did today will prove to sustain through the fire.... that each bit I've sown was laid upon His foundation.... the only foundation that ever lasts. I'm trusting that inspite of my weaknesses and in spite of my foolishness.... my King was glorified. This is my request for everyday of my life. I hope that it is yours too."

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!